Tuesday, July 6, 2010

lets refashion!

so my little one is growing out of her clothes so fast, and I could just throw her old clothes away...but oh no...not me! i'm on a big "refashioning" kick. i've been so obsessed with sewing (thanks to this wonderful lady that i love) that now i look at other items of clothing if they have holes, stains or rips and decide what i could make them in to...

like this outfit.
i took her old jeans, cut the legs off, added fabric and it becomes a super cute skirt. (i promise it's straight. it's just hard to get a serious picture with this stinker.) but i think i love this skirt so much because my mom made me one just like this when I was little.

the shirt had stains up toward the top, but that's easily taken care of... i just made some "yo yos" with buttons, sewed it to the shirt, and you don't even know the stains are there!
it's so fun!
and I'm such a nerd.
i know.

anyway, just a side note...this little turkey and I were sick with the vomits last night. ugh. i hate being sick, but it's sad to see your little ones so violently sick.
but not even 24 hours later this is what she looks like. look at that face....you wouldn't even know she was sick...well, maybe that hair would give you some kind of a clue! geesh, you think someone could comb that!
but we are all doing much better...just waiting for daddy to get it...he doesn't think he'll be bit by the bug, but it's a strong one, so don't be too sure sweetie! ;)
i'll save you some gatorade, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment