Tuesday, July 6, 2010

well....

...i gave it my best shot.
recently I have really gotten into sewing. and i thought for Fathers Day i would make my father something from the heart, and he always asks for ties so i thought, why not make him a tie? good idea, right?
wrong.

usually this is the point in my post that i apologize for the horrible photo and lighting and all that, but in this case i think the lighting actually helped the tie look a little better. ha.

and if you're asking "aren't ties supposed to be a straight piece of fabric?"
the answer is yes. yes they are.
but i thought just because it didn't work out how i had pictured it didn't mean i couldn't still give it to my dad. and just because the interfacing that i had bought and sewed into the tie made it stiff as a board and impossible to tie didn't mean i couldn't give it to dad.
right?

so that's what i did.
happy father's day, dad.


he was such a good sport. he actually got the thing to tie.
(i'm not a tie expert, but aren't ties supposed to go to the belt buckle? i'm just sayin'.)
of course after all the laughter and jokes, we gave him a "real" (store bought) tie.
it's the thought that counts, you know.

okay, enough laughing at me.
i would like to present a "redemption" project.
here is my adorable baby right after she woke up from her nap- love the hair.
she is sporting a fun little outfit i put together the other day to make me feel better after my little tie disaster.

the shirt is an old white shirt that was covered in stains, so i just appliqued a cute flower to cover that up. then stitched around the edges to keep it from fraying too much or falling off. the shorts are made from the same fabric.

the sides of the shirt were my favorite. i was able to scrunch the sides up with ribbon. so cute. so easy.


i also took a pair of my favorite pajama pants (with major holes) to make some mini pjs for a-rod.

ah! i just can't wait for my new and improved sewing machine.
it's amazing what you can get from your husband when he wants college football season tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment